Tuesday 9 February 2016

Pekasam / Pickled / Kimchi

In old days, hundred of years ago, there are many ways that all mankind are doing in order to keep their food enough for all season. It does not matter where are they, but if we are talking about food, we will always talk about the same menu regardless of you notice it or not.

Come to my senses lately that I notice this.

Found in Malaysia is what we called a "pekasam". This pekasam is vary depending on what sort you like it to be. By adding a sugar/salt, that will compliment the making of this pekasam.

In Korea, they called it as "kimchi" They have a very long list of kimchi. I was once never notice what could it be until one day that I made one. My mother told me that it is almost the same way on how we are making our pekasam here in Malaysia.

The American called their fermented dish a "pickled".

There are slight different in the ingredients of course. But the three of them either using salt nor sugar to ferment the dishes as this two are the main ingredients.




No comments:

Post a Comment